Translate

Thursday 13 August 2015

VETERAN NOLLYWOOD YORUBA ACTOR, ABIJA BEGS FOR FINANCIAL HELP

ABIJA
After surviving a terrible auto crash that almost claimed his life eight years ago, veteran Yoruba Actor, Tajudeen Oyewole popularly known as Abija confirms he is living in penury.

The actor who is known for his vibrancy in chanting incantations and using diabolic powers to confront witches and wizards in movies is now in pitiable condition as he spoke with The Nation correspondent recently.

The actor revealed how he came about his stage name ‘Abija’ from an Engineering construction company and spoke on how the name made him popular than his real name.

He actor confessed that, even though he played the warrior roles in movies, there are some costumes he dared not use without offering certain sacrifices to the gods. “We don’t just treat these costumes anyhow; if there is need to perform rituals or offer sacrifices before wearing them, then I must humbly comply. If not, the side effect could be fatal. He said.

He also spoke about his financial status,  “I am not rich; I don’t have a roof over my head, which is part of measuring one’s wealth in this part of the world; I don’t even have a land. And it’s not because I am not serious or that I’m a prodigal son; the money realised from acting is just not much, or even enough, as people out there or our fans think. I am prudent and I have only one wife. But having said that, I cannot say that I am not a rich man, because I have children in higher institutions, although I may not be rich in cash.”

He further spoke about his rumored death, which spread years back as a result of the crash he had.  “You can see that I still limp. The accident was fatal, but I thank God that I survived it. I spent about two and a half years in the hospital and later at home. I also went to a trado-medic for bone setting, as my hip was badly affected. The accident happened eight years ago, on the 10th of September, 2007. However, I don’t believe it was caused by enemies or that I was being haunted spiritually as some think. I see it as what it is, an accident. No more, no less.”

He finally called on well-meaning Nigerians to help him out of the situation. “I want Nigerians to help me in my career. I need sponsors. I am not a greedy person. I believe in Allah. People interestingly call me Alhaji, although I am yet to visit Mecca. The only car I own was condemned in that accident. As I speak, it probably would have been towed away by government agencies. I will appreciate every help that comes my way. He concluded.

culled: http://www.playgroundtv.net

No comments:

Post a Comment