Translate

Sunday 1 September 2013

Saying I’m so beautiful is flattery —Moji Afolayan

MOJI AFOLAYAN

Mojirola Afolayan-Olayiwola, also known as Moji Afolayan, is a popular figure in the Yoruba movie industry. Moji, who is also the daughter of the late veteran actor, Adeyemi Afolayan, popularly known as Ade Love, in this interview with OYERONKE AFOLABI, speaks on her fashion preference and what has kept her going in the industry. Excerpts:

Growing up.
I am Mojirola Afolayan-Olayiwola but people and my fans prefer to address me as Moji Afolayan. I am from Agbamu in Irepodun Local government Area of Kwara State, I had my primary education at Coker Primary school at Orile Iganmu, Lagos State and later finished my secondary School education at Esie Iludun Anglican School. I later went to Oyo State College of Education, now Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, where I studied English/Yoruba. I am the first born of my dad, the late Adeyemi Afolayan popularly known as Ade Love. My mum, Mrs Beatrice Afolayan is a retired teacher. It is a large family, I mean a polygamous family. I was born in Ibadan city but I was brought up in Lagos. I am happily married to my loving hubby, Mr Razaq Olasunkanmi Olayiwola, popularly known as Ojopagogo an actor like myself we are married with kids.
Talent discovery.
Actually, it is an inborn thing. I discovered it when I was working with my dad, of blessed memory and the rest is history today.
What has kept me steady in the profession till date.
God is the pillar that has kept me going and growing. I have no other route or short cut to achieve my aims or excel in the industry.
My take on why people prefer to address me as Moji Afolayan and not Olayiwola, my husband’s name.
People know me by my maiden name, which I must say is what brought me into limelight, I mean Afolayan, so, it would be very difficult for me to change it and that is with the consent of my understanding hubby.
How I react when people call me the most beautiful actress in the Yoruba movie industry.
(Similes). I am flattered, but I give God the glory. He molded me this way and I really appreciate it.
Why I keep a low profile in recent times.
Actually, the main reason is because I was pregnant. I am presently nursing the child.
Description of self.
Moji Afolayan is an actress to the core, a God-fearing person, simple in nature, loves everyone that comes her way, hates cheaters and liars, always dresses modestly, very hardworking and dedicated.
Definition of style.
Actually, I’m not a fashion freak, so I love being causal and simple.
Favourite designers.
As I have said earlier, I am not cut out for fashion. So, I have none.
Favourite colours.
I love pink and white.
Secret of beauty.
Baba God is the secret behind my beauty.
Fashion items I cannot do without.
Fashion items I cannot do without? (Laughs…), I can’t do without wearing clothes.
Beauty regimen.
As I said earlier, I don’t pay much attention to fashion, all I do is to wash my face every morning when I wake up and at night before going to bed.
How I cope with male admirers.
I have no problem with them, they commend my effort and I appreciate them too.
What I do to keep in shape.
It is God’s doing, I do nothing extra to keep in shape.
Special treat.
Wow! I love this question; I enjoy playing with my kids and watching Bollywood movies.
Most expensive fashion items.
The most expensive thing I have in my wardrobe is my neck chain, this is because I love it so much.
What I cannot be caught dead wearing.
I won’t be caught dead wearing skimpy dresses. I can never wear it.
Opinion on toning and cosmetic surgery.
There is nothing that does not have its side effect, it might be negative or positive. Therefore, toning and cosmetic surgery have their side effects and the end results are not always good. It is always regrettable so to say. So, to be on the safer side, don’t go for it.
Take on provocative dressing.
It is said that you are addressed the way you are dressed, though we are not brought up in the same manner. So, when you dress and it exposes all the parts of your body it looks provoking.
My greatest physical asset.
My greatest physical assets are my God-given children.
Most embarrassing moment.
The one I can remember at the moment was an encounter with some of my fans sometime ago. They gathered in multitude the moment they sighted me, insisting I must exchange pleasantries with every one of them; they were mixed with some ‘area boys’, then I knew I was in for it. These were ‘area boys’ on the street that would like to extort money from you. I was helpless and all I was hearing is ‘jeka jeun be.’ But I eventually had my way.
My wish to fans.
I wish my numerous fans out there a great achievement in life, I love them all, without them, there would be no Moji Afolayan.
TRIBUNE

No comments:

Post a Comment