Translate

Sunday 29 September 2013

Miss Philippines was crowned Miss World 2013 in a glittering finale.


Megan Young beat five other finalists, including France and Brazil, to win the coveted title in a contest broadcast to more than 180 countries worldwide. She thanked the judges for choosing her and promised to "be the best Miss World ever".
The 23-year-old pledged to "just be myself in everything I do, to share what I know and to educate people".
The new Miss World will spend the next year travelling to represent the Miss World Organization and help raise money for its charitable causes.

Marine Lorphelin, a 20-year-old medical student from France, took second place. From Ghana, Carranzar Naa Okailey Shooter, 23, also a medical student, came third.

The contestants were asked 'Why should you be crowned Miss World 2013' and here's what they said:

France: Miss World is a pretigious title. It's a chance to meet people around the world and help them.

Philippines: I treasure a core value of humanity and that guides people why they act the way they do. I will use this to show other people how they can understand each other... as one, we can help society.

Ghana: I believe Miss World is a woman of substance.

Brazil: Beauty opens doors, but 'Beauty with a Purpose' opens hearts and minds.

Spain: I want to be the Miss World for all the right reasons. Beauty from within and kindness changes lives.

Gibraltar: I will work hard and with passion to make peoples' lives more easier and happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment